lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:mcoombes314"

981 forum posts
General Chess Discussion - What happened to magnus Carlson account in lichess#3

It's still there, it's DrNykterstein, not Nykstrein.

mcoombes314
Game analysis - CRAZYhouse#2

Nothing to do with Eric Rosen - it's SF level 1. Why call it one thing when it's another?

mcoombes314
Game analysis - Is the Lichess analysis allways right?#3

I think it depends on the compexity of the position. By necessity, there is a depth/time limit to server analysis, and there doesn't need to be for local analysis (offline I mean, using a GUI and engi…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Strange server analysis for Horde#3

I think there are a few reasons for this 1) it's difficult to know how good the variant engine is, it's obviously different from normal SF 2) The variant engine seems to be an earlier version of SF (1…

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - Carlsen versus Nepomniachtchi: FIDE World Championship Round 6#47

Everyone who complains about classical games being "long and boring" needs to see this.... in real time, not some speedy "highlights package". One commentator described it as a "slow torture", which i…

mcoombes314
General Chess Discussion - How to get ACPL less than 20 every classical or rapid games?#6

I doubt anyone here would be able to give you an "easy" answer because there isn't one. Low ACPL in classical is what top-level GMs do, and to become top-level GMs requires lots and lots and lots of s…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Proposal : Asymmetrical clock option for non rated games#2

You can do this by setting up a game with the time control for the quicker side, then using "add 15 seconds" until one side has the amount of time you want. For example, an Armageddon game (5 mins for…

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Criticism#3

What's the context/reasoning behind this?

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - Quick game analysis immediately after game#2

The local analysis feature is great for this, there's no graph or count of inaccuracies/mistakes/blunders, but the evaluation change will tell you all you need.

mcoombes314
Lichess Feedback - wrong puzzle #kg4pZ#3

@StingerPuzzles I think the solution to that would be to have the aim of the puzzle shown. Normally it's "white/black to move and win", this is the first one I've seen which would be "move and draw", …

mcoombes314